Winter Testing

Be on the lookout here for special announcements!

Moderators: siberianlady, Tanya, Barry Hannigan, mandzipop

siberianlady
Site Admin

Re: Winter Testing

Postby siberianlady » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:26 pm

mandzipop wrote:Only 4 sleeps. :D

Then you will miss the plane Mandz.....only Monday, Tuesday and Weds sleeps till we're there.........
Keep Racing!

mandzipop
Site Admin

Postby mandzipop » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:36 am

Only 3 sleeps left. Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

The sleeping part is becoming an issue. I am so scared of flying on my own it is keeping me awake. :(

I haven't flown for 12 years. Am scared. :oops:
Dung beetles are quite cute

Tufty
Site Admin

Postby Tufty » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:33 pm

TonyRF1 wrote:Hey Mandz, don't worry there is no problem in flying its the taking of and landing.... ;) My joke has always been...when I'm on the plane I say to people..hey can you see the wings bending....or I will say...don't worry but you do know that when a plane lands all it is is a controlled crash but I suppose you didn't want to hear my jokes. Okay I won't tell them. Hey come on gals you're taking over the world so flying should be just like walking......

:lol:

Agree with the last bit though :)
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

siberianlady
Site Admin

Postby siberianlady » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Tufty wrote:
TonyRF1 wrote:Hey Mandz, don't worry there is no problem in flying its the taking of and landing.... ;) My joke has always been...when I'm on the plane I say to people..hey can you see the wings bending....or I will say...don't worry but you do know that when a plane lands all it is is a controlled crash but I suppose you didn't want to hear my jokes. Okay I won't tell them. Hey come on gals you're taking over the world so flying should be just like walking......

:lol:

Agree with the last bit though :)

Haha some good ones there! Been flying since I was 6 weeks old so like getting on a bus to me....... Once we were delayed and due to storms only one runway was open in Amsterdam (there you fly in over the sea so all you see are waves below you......) and the pilot told us (it was very stormy)....fasten seatbelts folks I'll do my best to get this crate on the ground.......though the bloke next to me was either going to pass out have kittens or even both! Don't worry Mandz you'll be fine!
Keep Racing!

bobstonier

Postby bobstonier » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:21 pm

Ive flown twice, and i was more occupied with the power of the engines! I was thinking "Wow thats a lot of power!" I cannt say much for the runways in Turkey, they arent very smooth!
You will be fine, just think of whats at the end of the flight!!!!!!

mandzipop
Site Admin

Postby mandzipop » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:27 pm

I dont mind the taking off and landing bit. I just dont like the bit inbetween. I get bored. Last time I flew, I coped by listening to the in-flight radio shows of Dad's Army and Ab Fab.

I have got a book to keep me going, which is F1 related so if anyone else is attending and nearby, then I might be able to get chatting as it will be pretty obvious as to why I am off to Barcelona.

But I am also nervous about flying itself. Oh yeah, the loos are rubbish.

mandzipop
Site Admin

Postby mandzipop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 am

Only 2 sleeps, tonight and tomorrow. I am currently thinking about my wardrobe (like any girl should). It is putting me off the thought of flying. :D

Jules-sennaboy

Postby Jules-sennaboy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Don't worry, I hate flying too!! :shock:

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night, it's going to be a great weekend for sure!

Rolf, don't worry, the Senna Boys will be looking out for the girls......not too sure who will look after us though. I will miss not hearing your version of New York at the weekend though :cry:

IMT

Postby IMT » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Have a great weekend all that are going.

I'll try and get there next year as well as Valencia

Return to “Announcements”