Hello!

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: siberianlady, Tanya, Barry Hannigan, mandzipop

IMT

Hello!

Postby IMT » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:55 pm

Hello all,

Just a quick introduction about me, I'm in the UK and have been an F1 fan since the 1991 Monaco Grand Prix (or that's my first memory of enjoying F1 - my dad did work with someone who used to marshall at Silverstone and used to hand me down his old copies of Autosport so may have had a passing interest before then, but all I remember from before is rally and touring cars).

I can be a bit of a geek when it comes to certain facts on f1 and have watched alot of 80's coverage, those turbos were unreal here's hoping the 2013 regs get somewhere near that kind of excitement!

I think Senna is the greatest of all time, although at the beggining I was very much as Williams fan (Patrese especially in 91&92 - if it wasn't for active suspension I think he would've been the 1992 champion). After all the Prost/Mansell saga and not warming to Damon I swayed to McLaren in 93 (they are actually my local team, the factory being only a few mles down the road from where I live). If that Mp4/8 had a Renault engine that would've been some dominant car, as I still see it as the most technicalogically advanced F1 car ever.

I'm still technically a McLaren fan (especially as they now have JB) however last year I was lucky enough to win a competition to spend a day with Red Bull on the Wednesday before the British GP which included a factory and pit tour as well as food and drinks in the Energy Station. This to date is still one of the best days of my life so I do hold quite a soft spot for the boys from Milton Keynes (although I would've much preferred Webber to win the title as he always comes across as a nice bloke - and I do think it was his only shot of a chance).

Grand Prixs I've been to:

Singapore 2008
Bahrain 2010
GB 2010

This year I've got all week at Monaco arranged and will most likely do the British (although maybe just the race). In my mind I'd also like to cover of Spa and Melbourne in the next year or 2.

Tanya
Site Admin

Re: Hello!

Postby Tanya » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:01 pm

Welcome! :D
Team: It Is Amazing How Much You Can Accomplish, When It Doesn't Matter Who Gets the Credit!

siberianlady
Site Admin

Postby siberianlady » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Welcome IMT.
If you ever decide to do Spa then let me know.......we got a great crowd of folks who go every year! :D
Keep Racing!

mandzipop
Site Admin

Postby mandzipop » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi, IMT, welcome to the forum. :D
Dung beetles are quite cute

Tufty
Site Admin

Postby Tufty » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:21 pm

I echo the sentiments of the girls - I'm sure they just wait in this part of the forum, just so they get to say hi to everyone before me!! :lol:
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

siberianlady
Site Admin

Postby siberianlady » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Tufty wrote:I echo the sentiments of the girls - I'm sure they just wait in this part of the forum, just so they get to say hi to everyone before me!! :lol:

Maybe you are just too slow for us Tufty! :lol:
Keep Racing!

Tufty
Site Admin

Postby Tufty » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:26 pm

siberianlady wrote:
Tufty wrote:I echo the sentiments of the girls - I'm sure they just wait in this part of the forum, just so they get to say hi to everyone before me!! :lol:

Maybe you are just too slow for us Tufty! :lol:

That's worrying - so much for the energy of youth!!
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

IMT

Postby IMT » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi Tony, I am indeed I'm the one who emailed you yesterday about the 4 of us going to Valencia for the first day.

Looking forward to it.

Return to “Introduction and Forum Rules.”