Hello to everyone from Seattle

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: siberianlady, Tanya, Barry Hannigan, mandzipop

Tifoso27

Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tifoso27 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Just came across your site and I thought I would join in. I have been following F1 since the late 1970s, attending my first race in 1982. I was hooked on F1 by watching the racing of Gilles Villeneuve and was very fortunate to see him race at Long Beach. As my nickname suggests, I have been a Ferrari supporter since the very beginning. I try to see at least one race in person each year. Look forward to chatting with all of you over the course of the upcoming season.

mandzipop
Site Admin

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby mandzipop » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:Just came across your site and I thought I would join in. I have been following F1 since the late 1970s, attending my first race in 1982. I was hooked on F1 by watching the racing of Gilles Villeneuve and was very fortunate to see him race at Long Beach. As my nickname suggests, I have been a Ferrari supporter since the very beginning. I try to see at least one race in person each year. Look forward to chatting with all of you over the course of the upcoming season.

Welcome to the forum. :D

We are small but close nit. :)
Dung beetles are quite cute

Tufty
Site Admin

Postby Tufty » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:Just came across your site and I thought I would join in. I have been following F1 since the late 1970s, attending my first race in 1982. I was hooked on F1 by watching the racing of Gilles Villeneuve and was very fortunate to see him race at Long Beach. As my nickname suggests, I have been a Ferrari supporter since the very beginning. I try to see at least one race in person each year. Look forward to chatting with all of you over the course of the upcoming season.

Welcome :D
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

Tifoso27

Postby Tifoso27 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks for the welcomes... Should be a great season!

siberianlady
Site Admin

Postby siberianlady » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:Thanks for the welcomes... Should be a great season!

Welcome Tifoso- I know a few folks from US and they really are true fans....especially not having their own GP and still following....hats off to you folks!
Am also looking forward to hopefully a "red" year......... :D
Keep Racing!

Tanya
Site Admin

Postby Tanya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:26 am

Greetings from fellow USA F1 fan!!! I have relatives down in Seattle.
Team: It Is Amazing How Much You Can Accomplish, When It Doesn't Matter Who Gets the Credit!

Tifoso27

Postby Tifoso27 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 am

siberianlady wrote:
Tifoso27 wrote:Thanks for the welcomes... Should be a great season!

Welcome Tifoso- I know a few folks from US and they really are true fans....especially not having their own GP and still following....hats off to you folks!
Am also looking forward to hopefully a "red" year......... :D

Thanks for the welcome! Formula 1 is really the only sport I follow passionately... and you have to be pretty passionate to get up a 4:30 in the morning to watch the majority of the races live. Unfortunately, I don't really know any other American F1 fans, but perhaps the USGP in Austin will help introduce the sport to a broader audience starting in 2012. I think it will be a Ferrari/Red Bull battle for the championships this year, with Mercedes and McLaren a bit further behind.

Tifoso27

Postby Tifoso27 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 am

Tanya wrote:Greetings from fellow USA F1 fan!!! I have relatives down in Seattle.

Hello Tanya! Do you know what part of Seattle your relatives are in? I'm in West Seattle, across the bay from downtown. We have a great restaurant in our neighborhood and the Italian owner is a big F1 (Ferrari) fan. What part of the States are you from?

Tufty
Site Admin

Postby Tufty » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:14 am

siberianlady wrote:Am also looking forward to hopefully a "red" year......... :D

I vote blue :P
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

Tanya
Site Admin

Postby Tanya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:
Tanya wrote:Greetings from fellow USA F1 fan!!! I have relatives down in Seattle.

Hello Tanya! Do you know what part of Seattle your relatives are in? I'm in West Seattle, across the bay from downtown. We have a great restaurant in our neighborhood and the Italian owner is a big F1 (Ferrari) fan. What part of the States are you from?
Unfortunately, I don't know where exactly in Seattle they live. As for me, I live about 40 min outside of downtown Chicago in the Northwest suburbs.
Team: It Is Amazing How Much You Can Accomplish, When It Doesn't Matter Who Gets the Credit!

Return to “Introduction and Forum Rules.”