Hello to everyone from Seattle

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: siberianlady, Tanya, Barry Hannigan, mandzipop

Tifoso27
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: USA

Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tifoso27 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:17 pm

Just came across your site and I thought I would join in. I have been following F1 since the late 1970s, attending my first race in 1982. I was hooked on F1 by watching the racing of Gilles Villeneuve and was very fortunate to see him race at Long Beach. As my nickname suggests, I have been a Ferrari supporter since the very beginning. I try to see at least one race in person each year. Look forward to chatting with all of you over the course of the upcoming season.

User avatar
mandzipop
Site Admin
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:59 pm
Location: England

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby mandzipop » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:Just came across your site and I thought I would join in. I have been following F1 since the late 1970s, attending my first race in 1982. I was hooked on F1 by watching the racing of Gilles Villeneuve and was very fortunate to see him race at Long Beach. As my nickname suggests, I have been a Ferrari supporter since the very beginning. I try to see at least one race in person each year. Look forward to chatting with all of you over the course of the upcoming season.


Welcome to the forum. :D

We are small but close nit. :)
Dung beetles are quite cute

User avatar
Tufty
Site Admin
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tufty » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:52 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:Just came across your site and I thought I would join in. I have been following F1 since the late 1970s, attending my first race in 1982. I was hooked on F1 by watching the racing of Gilles Villeneuve and was very fortunate to see him race at Long Beach. As my nickname suggests, I have been a Ferrari supporter since the very beginning. I try to see at least one race in person each year. Look forward to chatting with all of you over the course of the upcoming season.

Welcome :D
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

Tifoso27
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tifoso27 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks for the welcomes... Should be a great season!

User avatar
siberianlady
Site Admin
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby siberianlady » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:Thanks for the welcomes... Should be a great season!


Welcome Tifoso- I know a few folks from US and they really are true fans....especially not having their own GP and still following....hats off to you folks!
Am also looking forward to hopefully a "red" year......... :D
Keep Racing!

User avatar
Tanya
Site Admin
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tanya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:26 am

Greetings from fellow USA F1 fan!!! I have relatives down in Seattle.
Team: It Is Amazing How Much You Can Accomplish, When It Doesn't Matter Who Gets the Credit!

Tifoso27
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tifoso27 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:10 am

siberianlady wrote:
Tifoso27 wrote:Thanks for the welcomes... Should be a great season!


Welcome Tifoso- I know a few folks from US and they really are true fans....especially not having their own GP and still following....hats off to you folks!
Am also looking forward to hopefully a "red" year......... :D

Thanks for the welcome! Formula 1 is really the only sport I follow passionately... and you have to be pretty passionate to get up a 4:30 in the morning to watch the majority of the races live. Unfortunately, I don't really know any other American F1 fans, but perhaps the USGP in Austin will help introduce the sport to a broader audience starting in 2012. I think it will be a Ferrari/Red Bull battle for the championships this year, with Mercedes and McLaren a bit further behind.

Tifoso27
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tifoso27 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 am

Tanya wrote:Greetings from fellow USA F1 fan!!! I have relatives down in Seattle.

Hello Tanya! Do you know what part of Seattle your relatives are in? I'm in West Seattle, across the bay from downtown. We have a great restaurant in our neighborhood and the Italian owner is a big F1 (Ferrari) fan. What part of the States are you from?

User avatar
Tufty
Site Admin
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tufty » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:14 am

siberianlady wrote:Am also looking forward to hopefully a "red" year......... :D

I vote blue :P
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

User avatar
Tanya
Site Admin
Posts: 645
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Hello to everyone from Seattle

Postby Tanya » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm

Tifoso27 wrote:
Tanya wrote:Greetings from fellow USA F1 fan!!! I have relatives down in Seattle.

Hello Tanya! Do you know what part of Seattle your relatives are in? I'm in West Seattle, across the bay from downtown. We have a great restaurant in our neighborhood and the Italian owner is a big F1 (Ferrari) fan. What part of the States are you from?
Unfortunately, I don't know where exactly in Seattle they live. As for me, I live about 40 min outside of downtown Chicago in the Northwest suburbs.
Team: It Is Amazing How Much You Can Accomplish, When It Doesn't Matter Who Gets the Credit!


Return to “Introduction and Forum Rules.”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron