Hi

Please introduce yourself here.

Moderators: siberianlady, Tanya, Barry Hannigan, mandzipop

un4tunate

Re: Hi

Postby un4tunate » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Hello, im Leanne, im from the UK. I started watching Formula 1 in the mid 90's, although considering my age then I don't remember much about it! My favourite drivers are Fernando Alonso (he always has been ever since I really got into it, even after everything thats happened at Mclaren and then Crashgate), Robert Kubica and more recently Sebastian Vettel (you may have guessed that from my avatar).

Don't know what else to put really lol! ;)

cyril

Postby cyril » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Alright, maybe we can get this forum off the ground. I cetainly hope so. With Facebook proving a useful tool, albeit with limited discussions, this forum might help us carry on with FOFA mission.
???BADOER CHAMPION!!!

Tufty
Site Admin

Postby Tufty » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm recruiting new members as fast as I can, Cyril!!
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

siberianlady
Site Admin

Postby siberianlady » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi Tufty
glad to see you here- and thanks for all the help!
Keep Racing!

Tufty
Site Admin

Postby Tufty » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:57 am

siberianlady wrote:Hi Tufty
glad to see you here- and thanks for all the help!

No problem, and if theres anything else i can do let me know :)
The weak get weaker & the strong get stronger
& the years get shorter but the days get longer
& the world gets drier but the faces get wetter
& there's nothing we can do to ever make it get better

Maxibloke

Postby Maxibloke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Hello all from Donegal in the emerald isle, Alonso fan 1st Ferrari fan 2nd, I've been in FOFA on facebook for a while but only just found the link to this site, what a dope you may say, and my reply to that is...yeah complete dipstick this time lol :D

cyril

Postby cyril » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Maxibloke wrote:Hello all from Donegal in the emerald isle, Alonso fan 1st Ferrari fan 2nd, I've been in FOFA on facebook for a while but only just found the link to this site, what a dope you may say, and my reply to that is...yeah complete dipstick this time lol :D

Welcome to the mighty FOFA forum! We're taking it easy here but let's see how Facebook's popularity is affected in the next 12 months. MySpace is dead. I've heard Facebook is losing people so you never know - forums may come back in style.
???BADOER CHAMPION!!!

Redders1989

Postby Redders1989 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:46 am

Oh hey... a forum which I've only found existing now. Whoops!

Anyways, I'm that guy who kept announcing on the FOFA fan page who was the driver with the stewards each race. Yep, that's the one, it's Ashley!

Been following F1 since I was 4 (Mother started me young!) and since mid-2003 I've been a massive Jenson Button fan. It's been a painful ride to say the least, but seeing him become World Champion in 2009 was just amazing and such a relief.

I started to become fairly heavily involved with FOFA after posting a blog I did for another forum on the fan page about my visit to the AUTOSPORT International Show in 2010, which then led on to GP preview blogs I did - although these were kinda short-lived after University projects started to consume my life a little. I also took part in the Renault tour as part of FOFA. I also lead the union (forum) that I mentioned earlier about Formula One, being the leader for almost three years now.

One of the facts about me that seem to stun anyone who asks how dedicated I am to F1 is that I haven't missed a single race on TV since the 2003 United States Grand Prix. As of present (9th January 2011), that's 127 races without missing a single one (including waking up for the earlybird races such as Oz, Malaysia etc.).

My one regret is that despite all this, I have still yet to go to a Grand Prix event. I've been to Silverstone, been driven on the national circuit (in a minibus!) and stood on the podium, but never an actual GP event. Being only 21 though, I still have a lot of time to do this.

That's all I can think of at the moment (it is 3:46AM as I type this after all!), but I'm sure I'll come up with more soon!

NJB13

Postby NJB13 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:58 am

Welcome Ashley!
I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens :-)

Return to “Introduction and Forum Rules.”